Production Blog: End of Editing

 Greetings! I am so excited to be with you today as I near the end of the production series! To kick off today's editing, the group began discussing the title sequence. The main issue regarding the title sequence was the font. Jordyn browsed the fonts available on the DaVinci Resolve software, but none of them really appealed to the group. I really wanted to have a font that looks like the number on the alarm clock; a sort of techy font to centralize or work in the idea of the clock, but this was not easy to find. Jordyn ended up finding one just like it on an outside website and was able to download it for free, so I was ecstatic. Jordyn also suggested the idea of having the titles fade in and out to represent the character's unsteady memory, which I liked as well. After deciding on these aspects, the group moved on. The next step in editing was adding the clips that the group filmed yesterday. For the date scene, Jordyn cut the clips to scale and into individual scenes, then placed them in the correct order. She also had to add in the scores for the new scenes and adjusted them properly. This included making sure they come in and out at the right times, cutting them to the right size, and adjusting the volumes. Next, while I'm on the sound aspect of the film, the group had a really fun time creating Foley sound for the fight scene. The primary focus of this process was creating the sound of my head as it slams into the wall. Since this is obviously not actually going to occur for safety reasons, the sound is a huge convincer to audiences that it did in fact occur. The actual sound was created by me banging my fist into the wall, and I was pleased with the result. The rest of the editing process for today was merely touch-ups. Jordyn and I liked the idea of making the seven disappear in the time (7:24) displayed on the alarm clock, so it would display only the title of the film, 24. (18) She also did some work to blur the background of the Tv News scene in order to draw focus away from the array of family photographs and keychains in Ashley's living room, which she was successful in doing. Today's editing, although not short, was relatively minor, and now all that is left are the final changes and touch-ups from the critiques of the film! I am so excited for the finished product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard for my Music Video

Title Design Research Thriller: Splice

Final Day of Filming Blog