Production Blog: Filming in the Rain

 Hello again, it's been a while! I am here to report back to you for the final day of filming, finally! Today was quick, and the group finished up by filming the 3 scenes remaining. The first scene was the date which involved Ashley and me. The group had envisioned this scene being filmed in Ashley's patio area on a small table and chairs, which was a bit of an issue because it was raining. The group decided that once the rain slowed down, it was not noticeable in the videos, and therefore, continued filming. To begin, Ashley curated her drink: a mixture of lime juice, water, and sprite, while I stuck with water. To begin, Jordyn filmed only Ashley's scenes, ensuring that her position matched that of the previous scene. She took one sip of her drink at a time, four times total, then finally drank the rest in one large sip and slammed her glass down on the table. Next, it was my turn. Jordyn positioned me at the same angle and spacing as Ashley was in the camera, and then I began. Similarly, I would take one sip of water at a time, but each time looking less happy and slowly more upset. This scene was rather easy and was completed in 2 tries for me and 3 tries for Ashley.  

The next thing to film was the argument scene. One issue the group encountered was that during filming, I was supposed to be behind Ashley on the couch whilst scolding her, but Ashley's mother's house features a large mirror in that area. If the group filmed like this, Jordyn would be visible in the shot as the camerawoman, which was not desirable. Instead, Jordyn decided to film from an angle as I had done in the bathroom scene, which worked out perfectly. Jordyn also suggested placing a cart of alcohol in the living room to add to the plot, which luckily, Ashley had in her home. The next issue faced was the scene in which Ashley pushes me into the wall. The group had a bit of a problem when finding the best and safest way to do this, but ultimately, I was able to pretend as if I had hit the wall when in actuality, I had not (it took lots of practice but I think I am adapting to the actress lifestyle!). This scene took many more tries than usual since both characters had lines, but ultimately it was able to be done, and I had fun doing it! 

Lastly, the group moved briefly back to Ashley's father's house to film the final remaining scene, which required darkness outside that was not there before. This one was again quite difficult as Ashley had a very long line, but she managed it well and executed it excellently. While here, the group had to re-take one shot due to a continuity error with Ashley's outfit, but this was again quick. To conclude, I want to thank you for reading along with me as I come to the end of the filming journey for my final Media Studies production. I am so touched to have this opportunity and so excited for the final product! See ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard for my Music Video

Title Design Research Thriller: Splice

Final Day of Filming Blog