Production Blog: Time for Critiques!

 Hello again! Today's blog is quite an interesting one! Now that the film is complete, the group thinks it to be valuable to have other people's opinions on the work. In particular, I interviewed my father as well as my sister and her best friend (pictured below). Although my father is not necessarily a film connoisseur, my sister and her best friend have taken this course before. I was hoping with this experience they could offer me some valuable tips and critiques. As expected, my father did not have any negative commentary. Being as supportive as he is, he could only give compliments and say he would not change anything from the film. As much as I appreciate hearing this, especially after all of the group's hard work, I was hoping my sister would offer me some more unbiased and bluntly honest feedback. Thankfully, she did provide me with some considerable criticism. She suggested first that the group should go back and touch up some of the transitions in between scenes. More specifically, she noted that the transition between the bathroom scene and the office scene was a bit "choppy" and could be revised a bit more to be smoother. Her friend, Jayla also suggested that the group turned down some of the sounds that were edited in post-production. Primarily, she pointed out the sound of the police officer, suggesting that it should be a bit quieter as it sounded a bit unrealistic. she also suggested that the sound should be possibly muffled, to make it sound more like it was coming from behind the door. 

After comparing with my group mates, Jordyn's father suggested that the group should change Ashley's pajamas in order to eliminate confusion on whether she is still on the same day or not. Her other parent suggested that the volume of the music at the end of the film should be lowered. Ashley's father also noted that the film was a bit dark and some aspects may be indistinguishable. He suggested that the group increase the brightness and change some of the hues of the film overall. 

I am so grateful for all of the suggestions to better the film, and I am so excited to meet with my group tomorrow for the final day of production and try to fix all of these critiques and incorporate all of these tips into the movie. Until tomorrow!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard for my Music Video

Title Design Research Thriller: Splice

Final Day of Filming Blog